How to Get Healthy Skin
- 1Decrease your sugar intake. Not to say cut sugar out of your diet, but try to cut back on "false" sugars, like in soda and in candy. Contrary to popular belief, chocolate isn't bad for you, it's all the added sugars that harm your skin. "Natural" sugars, like sugar cane sugar, aggravate the magnesium in your body, making it difficult for your body to keep itself healthy. From your skin all the way down to your blood cells, your body will thank you if you eat MORE fruit and less candy.
- 2Get some sun. Recent studies have shown that Vitamin D prevents many types of cancer. Obviously too much sun is bad for you, just as too much of anything is bad for you, but in moderation the sun can be your best friend. In fact, depression has been linked to lack of Vitamin D.
- 3Eat nuts and fish. Both create oils that are good for cleaning out the bad oils that come from both your environment and from that hamburger you ate last night. Specifically, almonds have the calcium and magnesium in them that your body needs to protect your skin from the harmful effects of your environment. Soy milk is pretty amazing for that as well. The omega-3's in Salmon alone help keep your hair shiny, you nails and teeth strong, and your skin clear.
- 4Experiment with facial cleansers. Find what works for you and stick with it.However if you are prone to eczema you should not do this as your eczema will deteriorate.
- 5Drink water, even when you're not thirsty. Thirst is not the first sign of dehydration, but it is a good way of knowing you're not getting enough to drink.
- 6Don't over wash your face. Point blank, once a day should be good enough.
- 7EXERCISE! Sweating helps your skin, and the strength you feel internally will start to show on your face. Make sure to wash after you exercise, even if it means wiping your face with a warm water in a wash cloth without any cleanser.
- 8Stop using concealer. When you wash all that make-up off your face, you're also washing away all of your skin's defenses from bacteria that can clog your pores.
- 9Look for sunflower seed oil in lotions for your body.
- 10Keep your pillowcase clean and put your hair back at night. Your hair and pillow case can spread grease to your face. Wash your pillow case every 9 days and keep your hair clean.
- 11Stress less or workout more. Your body has natural defenses against stress, and you need to flush it out of your body as if it were a toxin or it will become physically visible.
- 12Finally, cut back on acidic fruits like oranges. Apples have just as much Vitamin C, without all the side effects oranges can bring. Acids from certain fruits have also been found to weaken your bones and muscles. Not to say oranges are bad for you, but as said before, too much of anything is never a good idea.